Joint Clinical; Senior Lecturer in Rural Health & Senior Medical Officer Rural Hospital Medicine (#3460518) 

Dunedin, Otago, New Zealand



Joint Clinical; Senior Lecturer in Rural Health & Senior Medical Officer Rural Hospital Medicine - 2100407
DEPARTMENT OF GENERAL HEALTH AND RURAL PRACTICE
OTAGO MEDICAL SCHOOL – DUNEDIN CAMPUS
DIVISION OF HEALTH SCIENCES, UNIVERSITY OF OTAGO
and
CLUTHA HEALTH FIRST
The Otago Medical School – Dunedin Campus, in association with Clutha Health First, seeks to appoint a Senior Lecturer in Rural Health. This position provides an excellent opportunity for a clinical academic to establish themselves in one of the leading medical schools in Australasia.
The appointee will provide leadership in teaching and research in the field of Rural Health while supporting an effective and efficient service for patients in the Clutha District. There are opportunities for wide collaboration with researchers in the University’s well regarded medical and biomedical science departments.
In addition to holding the position of Senior Lecturer in Rural Health at the University of Otago, the appointee will concurrently hold a position as Rural Hospital Medicine Senior Medical Officer with Clutha Health First. This is a joint University/Hospital position and will be held as single contract with the University. The two separate roles equal the equivalent of one full-time position.
Academic Component – 0.5 FTE
The successful applicant will be based in Balclutha and be a member of the Department of General Practice and Rural Health, Otago Medical School – Dunedin Campus. The appointee will have appropriate experience in teaching and research. The incumbent will be responsible for teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels. There will be significant opportunity for clinically based research, including undertaking a research based higher degree.
Clinical Component - 0.6 FTE
Clutha Health First provides primary, secondary and community-based services to a population of approximately 17,500. The Rural Hospital Medicine Senior Medical Officer (RHM SMO) is based within the 15 bed Inpatient Medical ward. The successful applicant will be responsible for all admitted patients being the sole rostered doctor on duty. Approximately 70% of all admitted patients are acute medical with the remaining 30% comprised of rehabilitation (e.g. post CVA, large joint replacement) and palliative care.
CHF is a Rural Teaching Centre for the University of Otago Rural Medical Immersion Programme hosting 5th year medical students for their full academic year. Other disciplines undertaking training include Rural Hospital Medicine registrar, GP registrars, nursing midwifery, occupational therapy, and social work students.
Collaboration and collegiality are important values in the Department, and we seek a colleague who will both enjoy and enhance our cooperative work environment. We are committed to equity and we value the benefits that diversity brings to our work and our community.
If you are looking for an exciting new opportunity and would like to learn more about joining our team, then please contact us for a confidential discussion via the contact details below:
Academic Component: Associate Professor Garry Nixon, Head of Section of Rural Health, Department of General Practice and Rural Health, Otago Medical School – Dunedin Campus.
Clinical Component: Gary Reed, Clinical Director, Clutha Health First.
Application
To submit your application (including CV and cover letter) please click on the apply button below. There is no formal closing date and applications will be considered individually on receipt. The University reserves the right to close this vacancy at any time.
Salary Level and Range Senior Lecturer / Senior Research Fellow - Medical & Dental ($129,357 to $162,998)

Company Details

Company Name
CTI Education Group

Job Details

Job Location
City/Town
Dunedin
State
Otago
Country
New Zealand